All-On-4 Dental Implants — Richardson, TX
Regain the Strong, Comfortable Smile You Deserve
Dental implants can be used to replace any number of missing teeth, but your jawbone needs to be strong enough to support them. Unfortunately, this can be a limiting factor for many of our patients since jawbone deterioration is a natural side effect of tooth loss. If you’ve lost all your natural teeth or have been wearing a traditional removable denture for some time, it’s likely that your jawbone isn’t dense enough to support your new teeth. However, at HM Dentistry, we’re excited to give patients who are ineligible for implant dentures the opportunity to regain the strong, comfortable smile they deserve with All-On-4 dental implants in Richardson! To see how this revolutionary treatment could potentially change your life, give us a call and schedule a consultation!
How Do All-On-4 Dental Implants Work?
The roots of your natural teeth stimulate blood flow in your jawbone to keep it strong and healthy, which in turn helps keep the teeth in place. When a tooth goes missing, the jawbone naturally begins to shrink away as a result. Since dental implants replace the roots of missing teeth, they continue to promote circulation in the jawbone and keep it strong, however, in order to keep them in place, there needs to be adequate jawbone density to begin with.
Fortunately, if you do not have a strong enough jawbone to support a traditional implant denture, All-On-4 dental implants can help. This unique option uses only four precisely placed dental implants to stabilize a full denture in place. Each implant is placed in the parts of the jawbone that are naturally the thickest, with the two posterior implant positioned at 45-degree angles. You’ll gain maximum security with the fewest implants possible, and you’ll often be able to skip the need for a bone graft. What’s more, you’ll be able to have your denture placed the same day that your dental implants are placed!
Am I A Candidate for All-On-4 Dental Implants?
Benefits of All-On-4 Dental Implants
Securing a denture in place with dental implants offers a wide array of important benefits, such as:
- A smile that looks, feels, and functions just like natural
- Preserving your jawbone density and youthful appearance
- Ability to eat steak, nuts, apples, and all your favorite foods
- Maximum stability for a denture that never slips or pops out of place
- The potential to last a lifetime with the right care
All-On-4 VS Traditional Dental Implants
Even on its own, All-On-4 dental implants offer advantages over traditional dental implants, like:
- Only four dental implants needed, which means a lower cost, a less invasive surgery, and faster healing times.
- In many cases, All-On-4 dental implants can help you avoid a preliminary bone graft that you would have needed otherwise, saving you a significant amount of time and money.
- Instead of waiting months for osseointegration to complete before having your denture placed, All-On-4 dental implants typically allow patients to have their new smile placed on the same day as their dental implant surgery.